Ingredients for 1 servings:
1. 1/2 cup flour
2. 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use seasoned salt for this)
3. 1 tablespoon melted butter
4. 1 egg, beaten
5. 1/2 cup beer (preferably dark beer)
6. 1 egg white (stiffly beaten)
7. 2 lbs fish
1. Sift flour and salt, add butter and egg; add beer gradually, add beaten egg white, stirring only until smooth.
2. Let stand for 1 hour in a warm place.
3. In a deep fryer or heavy pot heat oil to 375 degrees.
4. Dip fish in batter then fry in hot oil until golden brown (fry the fish in batches).
5. Allow to drain on a heavy brown paper bag or on double paper towels.
6. ** It is best to use thinner pieces of fish if you intend to fry the whole piece or just cut into large chunks.