Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 2 cups all-purpose flour
2. 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3. 10 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
4. 2 teaspoons salt
6. melted butter
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. Stir in potatoes to make a sticky dough.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add 2 teaspoons of salt. Squeeze the potato mixture into 6 or 7 dumplings, or your desired size. Drop carefully into the boiling water. Simmer for 30-45 minutes, until they float. Remove to a platter with a slotted spoon.
3. Serve with melted butter and/or warmed cream and lots of black pepper!