Ingredients for 1 servings:
1. 1/2 cup light corn syrup
2. 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3. 1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
4. 1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
5. 1 cup finely-chopped pecans
6. 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
7. assorted colored sprinkles
1. Combine syrup, shortening, and sugar in a saucepan.
2. Stir constantly over moderate heat until mixture just starts to boil.
3. Remove from heat and stir in four and nuts.
4. Drop mixture by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake only four to six cookies at a time.
6. Allow two inches between cookies as they spread during baking.
7. Bake at 375 F until edges of cookies are lightly browned (approximately 5 minutes).
8. Remove from oven and cool 30 seconds.
9. While cookie is still hot, roll up in a cigar shape.
10. If cookies become too hard to roll, place them back in oven until soft.
11. When cookies are completely cool, dip ends into melted chocolate and then sprinkles.
12. Let stand until cool.
13. Store in airtight container with a lid.
14. They keep for several weeks.