Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 2/3 kg roasting chickens, use a whole 1 . 7kg raw chicken
2. 2 lemons, halved
3. 1/4 cup olive oil
4. 1 pinch salt
5. 1 pinch pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Place the lemon halves into the chicken cavity and secure the legs with kitchen string.
3. Brush the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Place on a wire rack in a roasting dish and cook for 65 minutes or until cooked thru and golden skinned. Stand 10 minutes after removing from the oven before serving.
5. The lemon juice may run from the chicken- so either remove the lemons first or use a carving dish with a lip to catch the juice.