Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 1 lb linguine
2. 2 lbs fresh mushrooms, stems removed (roughly chopped, thickly sliced or left whole if small)
3. 4 garlic cloves, minced
4. 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
5. 1/3 cup fresh sage, coarsely chopped
6. 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
7. 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cook the linguine according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened and browned, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and saute 2 minutes more. Add the sage and saute 2 minutes more. Add salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, stir, and remove from heat.
3. Drain the cooked pasta and pour into a large pasta bowl. Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss. Add the mushroom mixture and toss again. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Top with the grated parmesan cheese and offer more to pass at the table. Serve immediately.