Ingredients for 5 servings:
1. 1 cup sugar
2. 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
3. 3 eggs, scrambled
4. 1 cup milk
5. 1 teaspoon vanilla
6. 3-day old sliced bread
7. Crisco or other oil
1. Mix both dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
2. In separate bowl, add eggs, milk and vanilla.
3. Mix well and then slowly add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing well.
4. Dip the sliced bread one at a time, turning until thoroughly soaked.
5. Have oil heated and place bread into the frying pan, turning until both sides are browned.
6. Soak on paper towels.
7. Keep doing this until all mixture is used.
8. More ingredients can be made at first if your family is large enough.
9. May need to add more sugar to the recipe depending on your taste.
10. Does not need anything added onto it at the table.