Ingredients for 1 servings:
1. 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
2. 1 -2 russet potato
3. 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Bring water to boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add one teaspoon of salt.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. Peel potatoes and slice into 1/4 inch fries.
4. Weigh the potatoes and measure out 9 ounces.
5. Transfer potatoes to boiling water and cook exactly 2 1/2 minutes.
6. Drain in colander and let cool (about 5 minutes).
7. Transfer cooled potatoes to a mixing bowl and add oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
8. Mix gently to coat.
9. Spread in a single layer on a non stick baking sheet.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden.
11. Turn every five minutes during the last half of cooking.
12. Add the remaining salt if desired. (I found them plenty salty without).
13. Note: Mine took 30 minutes to achieve the right level of crispiness–so check for crispness before removing from the oven.
14. Chef Alexander states that this recipe is equal to a medium order of fries and has 5 grams of fat (as opposed to 17 grams of fat in the original version).