Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 5 cups chicken stock (or vegetable)
2. 1 leek, sliced finely (or 1 chopped onion)
3. 2 garlic cloves, crushed
4. 2 -3 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced (or lime zest and a little juice)
5. 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
6. 250 -300 g cooked prawns (shrimp)
7. 3/4 cup frozen peas
8. black pepper
9. sea salt
10. parsley, to garnish
11. parmesan cheese, this is optional (or to serve on the side)
1. Sauté leek in a large pan using 1/2 cup of the stock until just soft; add garlic, kaffir leaves (vein removed and cut very finely with scissors) and rice and cook a minute or two, stirring well.
2. Bring stock to the boil in a medium saucepan, and then reduce heat to keep simmering.
3. Add 1 cup of the simmering stock to the pan of rice and stir until stock has been absorbed; continue adding stock, a cup at a time and stirring frequently until absorbed and until all the stock has been added.
4. Add frozen peas and the sautéed prawns and stir into risotto, cook for 1-2 minutes until peas are cooked and prawns are heated through.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve parmesan on the side for those who dont mind the extra calories.