Ingredients for 1 servings:
1. 1 lemon (sweet if you have it)
2. 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
3. 8 cups cubed mangoes
4. 2 1/2 cups sugar
1. Peel the rind (zest) from the lemon, and cut into thin strips.
2. Squeeze lemon, reserving the juice. Chop the pulp, placing the pulp and ginger on a square of cheesecloth. (Or forget the cheesecloth and just mince very small) Tie cheesecloth with a string.
3. Cook lemon zest, spice bag and mango in saucepan over medium heat, stirring now and then, for 30 minutes.
4. Add sugar and lemon juice;bring it to a boil over medium heat , continue to boil, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
5. Discard your spice bag.
6. Pour into hot jars, filling to 1/2 inch from the top of the jar.
7. Remove the air bubbles carefully; wipe all the jar rims.
8. Cover at once with metal lids,and screw on bands. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Store in dark, cool space.