Ingredients for 10 servings:
1. 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
2. 2 sweet red peppers, diced
3. 2 small onions, chopped
4. 2 garlic cloves, minced
5. 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed dry (I use my ricer)
6. 2 (14 ounce) packages frozen puff pastry, thawed
7. 12 ounces black forest ham, sliced
8. 1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
9. 8 eggs, beaten & seasoned with
10. salt & pepper
11. 1 egg, beaten (for glaze)
1. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat; cook peppers, onions & garlic for about 12 minutes or until all liquid evaporates.
2. Remove from heat & stir in spinach; set aside.
3. Roll each piece of pastry to 1/8 inch thickness; use 1 piece to line a 10 inch springform pan, leaving excess draped over sides.
4. Layer half the ham slices in the bottom, sprinkle half the cheese, spread half the veggies followed by the eggs.
5. Repeat these layers.
6. Cover with remaining pastry, trim off edges & pinch layers together; cut steam vents in the top & brush with egg glaze.
7. Place pan on a rimmed baking sheet in the centre of a preheated 400F oven for 15 minutes.
8. Reduce heat to 350F and bake for an additional 45 to 60 minutes or until top is golden & knife inserted in centre is hot when pulled out.
9. Let cool for 15 minutes; remove pan sides & cut into wedges.