Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 4 pork hot dogs or 4 turkey hot dogs
2. 4 hot dog buns
3. 4 slices bacon
4. 1/2 medium onion, diced
5. 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
8. 8 toothpicks
1. Heat pan on medium high heat.
2. Wrap bacon slices tightly around franks. Insert toothpicks on both ends to hold bacon in place. Make sure that the toothpicks are not sticking out of frank on both sides, just on one side.
3. Place franks with flat side (side with toothpick not sticking out) on hot pan. Let cook until bacon appears done.
4. Meanwhile, chop onions and cilantro.
5. Also if desired, toast hot dog buns on separate warm pan or grill or toast them.
6. When bacon appears done, CAREFULLY lift franks up with tongs and pull toothpicks out and reinsert them with the uncooked side flat and the toothpick sticking out of cooked side. Place them back in pan and cook other side of franks.
7. Once the bacon is done, check for any uncooked spots and angle the franks in a way that will cook the bacon. Once all sides of bacon appear cooked, remove from pan and pat down on paper towel.
8. Place the done franks onto hot dog buns. Sprinkle with diced onions and cilantro. Add ketchup and/or mustard if desired and serve! Enjoy these yummy new hot dogs! :D.