Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2. 4 slices baguette or 4 slices crusty bread, 1-inch thick
3. 1 onion, chopped
4. 1 lb mixed mushroom, roughly chopped
5. 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
6. 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
7. 1 avocado, skin & stone removed, diced
9. ground black pepper
10. 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
11. 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
12. 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Heat oil in a large pan and saute onions.
2. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms have wilted, but are not mushy.
3. Add the diced avocado, season with salt and pepper and remove from heat as soon as avocado is warmed.
4. Meanwhile, grill the baguette slices on both sides.
5. Place toast onto plate and top with cooked mushrooms.
6. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
7. Top with grated parmesan and chopped tarragon.
8. Serve warm.