Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 tablespoon butter
2. 200 g mushrooms, sliced (oyster, cremini, button & shitake)
3. 1 onion, diced
4. 1 jalapeno, minced
5. 3 garlic cloves, minced
6. 1 pinch salt and pepper
7. 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped plus more to garnish
8. 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
9. 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
10. 8 corn tortillas
11. 4 lime wedges
12. 2 green onions, sliced
13. lime crema
14. 1/2 cup sour cream
15. 1/2 lime, zest of
16. squeeze lime juice
1. Prepare lime crema by combining all ingredients. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions til starting to become translucent, about 3 minute Add mushrooms, jalapeno, and garlic. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper. Cook til mushrooms release juices then start to brown, about 5 minute Add cilantro. Remove from heat.
3. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add a tortilla. layer with ¼ cup Monterey Jack, 1/4 of the mushrooms, 1 tablespoon Feta, then another 1/4 cup Monterey jack cheese. Top with a second tortilla. Cook until crisp and browned on both sides.
4. Slice and serve with lime crema, green onions. cilantro, and salsa of choice. If desired amp up the heat by replacing jalapeno with a hotter variety or serving with a hot salsa.