Ingredients for 8 servings:
1. 1 ready-made pie crust
2. 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
3. 1 cup fresh broccoli, cut into smallish pieces, dice the peeled stems
4. 1/2 cup onion, chopped
5. 1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped, any color will work
6. 1/4 cup mushroom, chopped
7. 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
8. 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
9. 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute, egg substitute
10. 1/4 cup skim milk
11. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
12. salt and pepper
1. Pre-bake pie shell in a deep pie plate for about 10 minutes, till the shell is slightly tan but not browning.
2. While the shell is baking sauté the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms in the oil till they are slightly tender.
3. Add broccoli to the pan towards the end and sauté.
4. When the crust is done put veggies in the crust.
5. Sprinkle cheddar over veggie mixture and top with parmesan.
6. In a small bowl combine eggbeaters, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
7. Mix well.
8. Pour over the veggie mixture and cheeses, being careful not to overfill.
9. Bake at 350 until done and no longer jiggly in the center, about 30 minutes.
10. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
11. This can be cut into portions, wrapped in plastic wrap and re-heated for 2 minutes in the microwave.