Ingredients for 10 servings:
1. 10 beefsteak better boy tomatoes or 30 roma tomatoes, with the stem, the leaves and navel area at the top of the fruit removed
2. 6 ounces tomato paste
3. 1/8 cup olive oil
4. 1/2 cup red wine
5. 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
6. 1 teaspoon basil seasoning
7. 1 teaspoon oregano
8. 2 cloves garlic, diced
9. 2 bay leaves
10. 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
11. 1/8 teaspoon salt
12. 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
13. 2 ounces parmesan cheese
14. 16 ounces ground sirloin
15. sugar substitute, under the name truvia or 1/8 cup brown sugar
1. At the stove area have your tomatoes on the cookie sheet, with stems cut and removed.
2. Have a stock pot filled with boiling water and another stock pot filled with ice water.
3. Take the tomatos and quickly but all of them in the boiling water for 1 minute.
4. Take out and transfer to the pot of ice water.
5. After a dip in ice water for just a minute, take out and transfer back to the cookie sheet.
6. Peel away and discard the tomoto skin, the bath makes the tomatoes super easy to peel.
7. To deseed, cut the tomato in half horizontally. Lengthwise does not work well for deseeding.
8. Cut horizontally and it will create 2 halves that resemble cups, scoop out seed chambers with a spoon or fingers.
9. Dice tomato after deseeding.
10. Transfer all diced tomatos to a empty stockpot.
11. Add all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
12. Reduce once brought to a boil and let it cook 4 hours to all day if you can.
13. Add medium browned meat if you desire at the end and let simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.