Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 500 g new potatoes, scrubbed
2. 6 garlic cloves, peeled but left whole
3. 300 g smoked haddock, skinned
4. 1 pint whole milk
5. 3 tablespoons olive oil
6. 3 tablespoons chives, snipped
1. If potatoes are on the big side, cut them in half. Boil the potatoes and whole garlic in salted water for 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl and crush with a potato masher or a fork.
2. Place the smoked haddock fillet in a skillet and cover with whole milk. Bring to a heavy simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until haddock flakes. Reserve milk.
3. Flake haddock into potato mixture and add 2 Tbsp of the poaching milk and the olive oil. Mix well, but keep the texture.
4. Serve topped with snipped chives.