Ingredients for 10 servings:
1. 11 cups water (divided)
2. 2/3 cup sugar (can use brown sugar)
3. 9 -10 lemons (1 cup lemon juice)
4. 1 teaspoon salt
1. Prepare sugar syrup first by simmering a cup of water to which 2/3 cup sugar or brown sugar is added. Allow sugar to dissolve completely and cool.
2. Extract juice from 9-10 limes/lemons or approx 1 cup of lime/lemon juice. Strain and discard the seeds. Keep aside.
3. Take a pitcher and add 10 cups of cold water, add the extracted lime/lemon juice and cooled sugar syrup and combine. Add 1 tsp of salt and combine. If you find it to be less sweet, add more sugar syrup and if it needs to be more tart, add more lime/lemon juice. Serve with ice in tall glasses.