Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 3/4 cup oat bran
2. 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4. 2 teaspoons baking powder
5. 1/2 teaspoon salt
6. 1 1/2 cups skim milk
7. 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
8. 1 egg yolk, beaten
9. 2 egg whites
1. Combine the oat bran, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour baking powder and salt.
2. Combine the milk, oil, and egg yolk; add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
3. Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; gently fold into the batter.
4. Coat a waffle iron with cooking spray, and allow waffle iron to preheat. Spoon 1 1/3 cups batter onto hot waffle iron, spreading batter to edges. Bake until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. Serve immediately with desired toppings.