Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 2 tablespoons olive oil
2. 8 skinned and boneless chicken thighs
3. 150 g spicy chorizo sausage, peeled and cut into slices
4. 1 large Spanish onion, peeled and roughly diced
5. 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely diced
6. 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
7. 200 g long-grain white rice, rinsed under cold water
8. 450 ml chicken stock
9. 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
10. 2 tablespoons pitted black olives
11. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Heat the oil in a large pot or pan over a medium heat and then add the chicken pieces and brown for 2 to 3 minutes, before adding the chorizo sausage and sautéing for a further 2 minutes.
2. Add the onions, garlic and red pepper, and sauté for a few minutes until the chorizo sausage releases red oil and the vegetables have softened slightly.
3. Add the rice and mix thoroughly and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to coat it all in oil.
4. Add the stock and smoked paprika, and place a lid on the pot/pan. Simmer over a very low heat, with the lid on, for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and tender and the rice is soft and has absorbed all the liquid.
5. Adjust the seasoning and gently fluff up the rice and mix all the vegetables and chicken through, before adding the olives and the chopped thyme.
6. Serve immediately, setting the pot/pan on the table, with crusty bread and salad if liked.