Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1/2 cup apricot preserves
2. 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
3. 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce (next time I may reduce this to 1 T)
4. 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
5. 1 garlic clove
6. 18 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
7. salt & fresh ground pepper
8. 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed (I used steamed zucchini instead which was amazing)
9. 1 teaspoon olive oil
10. 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
11. 8 small romaine leaves
1. For glaze, in a blender or small food processor, combine the apricot preserves, orange juice concentrate, soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Remove 1/4 cup to brush over chicken. Set remaining glaze aside.
2. Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Brush with some of the 1/4 cup glaze. For a charcoal grill, grease the grill rack. Place chicken on grill rack over medium-hot coals. Cover and grill about 10 minutes or until chicken is done (170 degree F.), turning once and brushing again with glaze halfway through. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add chicken to greased grill rack. Cover and grill as above.) Remove chicken from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Discard any remaining brush-on.
3. While chicken is grilling, toss green beans in a bowl with oil and a dash salt and pepper. Place in a grill wok and place on the grill beside chicken the last 5 minutes of grilling, stirring once or twice. Remove and cool slightly. Cut beans crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
4. Chop chicken. In a medium bowl toss chicken and beans with about 1/4 cup reserved glaze. Spoon rice onto lettuce leaves. Top with chicken mixture and drizzle with any remaining glaze. Makes 4 servings (2 cups each).