Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 400 g white fish
2. 1/2 cup lime juice (or juice of 6 limes)
3. 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
4. 1 carrot, medium grated
5. 1 cup cucumber, cubed
6. 1 capsicum, sliced
7. 2 cups cabbage, shredded
8. 2 -3 tomatoes, cubed
9. 1/2 cup coconut milk
1. Cut the fish into 1 cm (1/2 inch) cubes and put into a bowl. Stir well.
2. Then cover with lemon juice, cover with foil and leave for at least two hours. After this time the fish should look like poached.
3. Put in a strainer. Keep only 1/4 cup of the juice.
5. Chop the onion finely, grate the carrot, partly peel the cucumber and cut into small cubes, slice the capsicum, shred the cabbage and cut the tomatoes into cubes.
6. Just before serving combine the fish with the vegetables and toss in coconut milk.