Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 24 ounces rockfish fillets
2. 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3. 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4. 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
5. 1/3 cup dry vermouth (or white wine)
6. 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
7. 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
8. 1 tablespoon capers
9. 1/4 teaspoon dried herbs (like herbes de Provence)
10. 1 tablespoon butter, chilled and cut into pieces
11. 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan.
3. Season the fish on both sides with the salt and pepper.
4. Add the fish to the pan, and cook about 2 -3 minutes on each side, or until the fish flakes easily.
5. Remove the fish to a warm plate.
6. Add vermouth, lemon rind, lemon juice, capers and herbs to the pan.
7. Cook for 30 seconds.
8. Add the butter to the pan, whisking to incorporate into the sauce.
9. Pour the sauce over the fish, top with the parsley.