Ingredients for 16 servings:
1. 1/2 cup mayonnaise
2. 1/4 cup dijon-style mustard
3. 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
4. 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
5. 1 lb thick asparagus spear, trimmed
6. 1 tablespoon peanut oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice. Transfer half of the mixture to a small serving bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
2. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Spread the remaining mayonnaise mixture over asparagus spears. Roll in breadcrumbs to coat. Place in an ungreased 15 x10x1 inch baking pan. Drizzle with oil.
3. Roast about 12 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender and breadcrumbs are golden brown. Serve asparagus with the reserved mayonnaise mixture.