Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 8 ounces dry penne pasta or 8 ounces ziti pasta
2. 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
3. 2 garlic cloves, smashed
4. 1 tablespoon olive oil
5. 4 -6 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped, about 3 cups
6. 1 teaspoon salt
7. 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
8. 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
9. 3 cups watercress or 3 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
10. 1/4 cup pine nuts or 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
11. 2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola or 2 tablespoons other blue cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
2. Cover and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, cook onion and garlic in hot olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat till onion is tender.
4. Add tomato, salt, black pepper and if desired crushed red pepper.
5. Cook and stir over medium high heat about 2 minutes or till the tomatoes are warm and release some of their juices.
6. Stir arugula, watercress, or spinach, and heat just till greens are wilted.
7. To serve, divide pasta among individual serving bowls.
8. Top with tomato mixture.
9. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts or almonds and the cheese.