Ingredients for 2 servings:
1. 1/3 of a 16oz package dried rice noodles
2. 3 tablespoons oil
3. 1 cup firm tofu, diced
4. 2 eggs, beaten
5. 3 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
6. 1/2 cup chives or 1/2 cup spring onion, tops cut into 1 inch pieces
7. 2 cups bean sprouts
8. 1/2 cup chicken, sliced thin
9. 1 lime, cut into wedges
10. 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
11. 1 tablespoon sugar
12. 2 tablespoons fish sauce
13. 1 tablespoon soy sauce
14. 2 tablespoons ketchup or 2 tablespoons chili sauce
15. 2 tablespoons tamarind paste, diluted with 2 tablespoons water
1. Soak noodles in warm water until rubbery, at least 30 minute Drain well.
2. While noodles soak, prepare all the other ingredients.
3. In a skillet or wok, cook eggs until done, breaking up as they cook. Set aside.
4. In same pan, add a little oil and cook chicken, stir-frying until done. Set aside.
5. Put 3 Tbs. Oil in wok and heat until hot.
6. Add noodles and stir-fry. Noodles will stick together forming a ball. When noodles appear blistered all over,.
7. quickly add the tamarind/water mixture, stirring to soften noodles.
8. Add all other ingredients; tofu, chicken and eggs, the three sauces, sugar, peanuts and bean sprouts, stir-frying for 2 minute.
9. Turn off heat.
10. Add chives and mix well.
11. Serve adding more bean sprouts, peanuts, sugar, dried chilies and squeeze lime wedges over to taste. (opt).