Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 2 1/2-3 lbs skinless fresh fish fillets, divided into 6 equal portions
3. fresh ground black pepper
4. 1 medium carrot, cut into thin julienne strips
5. 1 small leek, thoroughly washed, cut into thin julienne strips
6. 1 small turnip, peeled and cut into thin julienne strips
7. extra virgin olive oil
8. 2 lemons, thinly sliced, seeds removed
9. fresh tarragon (2 sprigs tarragon or 2 large basil leaves per packet) or fresh basil (2 sprigs tarragon or 2 large basil leaves per packet)
1. Adjust the oven shelf to the middle position and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Meanwhile, cut 6 pieces of aluminum foil, each large enough to completely and comfortably enclose one portion of the fish fillets and julienned vegetables in a single layer.
3. In a small mixing bowl, toss together the juliennes of carrot, leek, and turnip. Divide half of the mixture evenly among the pieces of foil, forming beds in the center of each piece. Arrange the fish fillets neatly on top of the vegetables. Drizzle the fillets evenly with olive oil. Arrange the remaining vegetables on top, then cover with lemon slices and 2 herb sprigs per portion.
4. Close the foil around each fish, bringing the edges of the foil neatly together. Working all along the edges from one end to the other, double-pleat the foil edges together to form airtight packages. Place the packages side by side on a baking sheet.
5. Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake until the foil packets have puffed up like balloons, about 15 minutes.
6. Carefully transfer each foil packet to a dinner plate. Warn your guests in advance to watch out for and keep clear of the steam inside each. Then, with the tip of a sharp knife, puncture each packet to let out some of the steam and let everyone carefully open their packets to eat the fish and vegetables. You can even spoon some rice or potatoes right into the packet and eat!