Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 1 cup dried red lentils
2. 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
3. 1 cup frozen spinach, chopped
4. 1 medium onion, chopped
5. 1 cup sun-dried tomato, soaked
6. 2 cups water
7. 1 cup vegetable broth (made with 1 veggie bullion cube)
8. 1 cup coconut milk (So Delicious brand, unsweetened)
9. 1 teaspoon cumin
10. 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
11. 1 teaspoon salt
12. 1 teaspoon black pepper
13. 2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Cook the lentils in the water with bullion until al dente, then add the pumpkin and spinach. In a separate skillet cook the onion in the olive oil until translucent, then add the spices. Stir for a few minutes and then add to the soup. Puree the soaked sundried tomatoes in a blender, then add half the soup and puree for another 30 seconds. Add back in and then stir in the coconut milk. Season to taste.
2. Note: If using So Delicious Coconut milk, the calories come to 207 per bowl. I like using this brand because it is low calorie and still gives a wonderful creamy texture to soups.