Ingredients for 8 servings:
1. 1 cup quinoa
2. 1 1/4 cups water
3. 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely minced
4. 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, finely minced
5. 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, finely minced
6. 3 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
7. 3 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
8. 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
9. 3 tablespoons olive oil
10. 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
12. fresh ground black pepper
1. Put the quinoa in a pot with the water. Bring to a boil, cover, lower the heat to low, and cook covered for 20 minutes.
2. Remove cooked quinoa immediately from pot into a large bowl, and air it with a wooden spoon to stop the cooking process. Let cool for a few minutes.
3. Add the onion, herbs, dried cranberries and walnuts. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
4. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Taste and add more lemon juice if needed.