Ingredients for 2 servings:
1. 1 rack of lamb, trimmed to meat and bone (Frenched)
2. white pepper
4. 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
5. 1 cup french breadcrumbs
6. 1 teaspoon minced garlic
7. 1 teaspoon minced shallot
8. 2 tablespoons melted butter
1. Mix bread crumbs with minced garlic, minced shallot and melted butter.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F.
3. Sprinkle meat with ground white pepper and lightly salt.
4. Sear rack in 2 Tbs hot oil, 30 seconds on each side to obtain color.
5. Brush with mustard on meat side.
6. Press bread crumb mixture firmly over mustard.
7. Place on baking sheet, crumb side up.
8. Bake until desired doneness, approximately 20 minutes for medium rare.
9. Use a meat thermometer to insure that the rack is cooked to your liking.
10. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.