Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 2 1/2 cups raspberries or 2 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
2. 1/3 cup water
3. 1/3 cup caster sugar (aka Superfine sugar)
1. Warm the water and sugar in a saucepan and stir until the sugar melts to form a light syrup.
2. Add the berries and stir to combine. Heat for another minute or so, until the desired consistency is achieved.
3. If a less lumpy sauce is required, process some to desired consistency. Another option is to push it thru a sieve or strainer if you dont want berry seeds in the syrup.
4. Cool and refrigerate until required.