Ingredients for 10 servings:
1. 1/2 lb flour
2. 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
3. 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
4. 1/2 teaspoon salt
5. 3 tablespoons butter
6. 1/2 cup raisins
7. 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
8. 1/4 teaspoon ginger
9. 2 eggs
10. 1 egg, for glaze
1. Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
2. Cut in butter with pastry cutter or 2 knives until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
3. Stir in raisins and sunflower seeds.
4. Combine eggs and ginger.
5. Add beaten eggs to the flour mixture, mixing well to form a soft dough, add a little milk if dough is too stiff.
6. Lightly flour a work surface.
7. Turn out dough and kneed until smooth.
8. Roll dough out to approx 1/2in.
9. Cut dough into 2in rounds.
10. Place biscuits onto a greased cookie sheet and brush each one with an egg glaze (if using).
11. Bake at 400F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and well risen.