Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2. 1 medium onion, diced small
3. 2 cups white rice
4. 4 cups chicken broth
5. 1 cup water
6. 1/3 cup peas
1. In a sauce pan, melt butter, then add onion & cook, stirring until onion is translucent.
2. Add rice & stir for 2 minutes.
3. In a separate pan warm the chicken broth & water, stirring to blend well.
4. Slowly pour the chicken broth on top of the rice, using just enough to cover it without drowning it!
5. Cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the water has been absorbed by it, about 6 minutes.
6. Add additional broth&water, again just covering the rice, & add 1/3 cup of peas, then continue to cook, stirring occasionally for another 6 minutes, before serving.