Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 head savoy cabbage, cored and cut into 1-inch squares (about 1 1/2 pounds)
2. 4 teaspoons canola oil
3. 2 tablespoons shao hsing rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
4. 4 teaspoons black bean garlic sauce
5. 1 bunch scallion, minced
6. 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
7. 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
8. 5 dashes hot sauce (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 500°F
2. Toss cabbage and canola oil in a large roasting pan and spread out in an even layer.
3. Roast until beginning to wilt and brown, about 15 minutes.
4. Combine rice wine (or sherry) and black bean sauce in a small bowl; drizzle over the cabbage and toss.
5. Continue roasting until tender, about 5 minutes more.
6. Toss with scallions, vinegar, sesame oil and hot sauce until combined.