Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
2. 2 turnips, peeled and cut into cubes (small to medium)
3. 2 medium carrots, scrubbed and cut into 1 inch pieces
4. 1 -2 cup hard winter squash, cubed (pumpkin, butternut, etc.)
5. 1/2 large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
6. 1 head garlic, separated and peeled
7. 2 chicken sausage, cut into 1 inch slices
8. 2 tablespoons olive oil
9. 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
10. 1 tablespoon honey
11. salt, to taste
12. pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut vegetables and place in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Toss in the garlic and sausages.
3. In a small dish combine the oil, mustard and honey. Pour over vegetables and toss to thoroughly coat. Sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until vegetables stick fork tender. Stir at 15 minutes and then again at 30.
4. Serve with corn muffins or cornbread for a delicious meal.