Ingredients for 8 servings:
1. 1 (2 1/2 lb) rotisserie-cooked chicken
2. 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3. 1 large onion, chopped
4. 3 garlic cloves, minced
5. 1 (6 ounce) can olives, sliced and divided
6. 1 (4 ounce) can chilies, diced
7. 8 ounces mexican cheese, shredded and divided
8. 12 corn tortillas
9. 1 (14 ounce) can enchilada sauce
10. 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
11. 1 tomatoes, diced
12. sour cream
1. Chicken Preparation: Separate chicken meat from bones and skin. Place in a large bowl.
2. Filling: Heat oil in skillet on medium. Sauté onion and garlic until caramelized. Add to chicken. Add half of the olives, chilies, and half the cheese. Mix well.
3. Sauce: Mix enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, and tomato in a small bowl. Spread 1/2 cup of sauce evenly on the bottom of a rectangular baking dish.
4. Tortilla Preparation: Spray small skillet with non-stick spray. Heat on medium-high stove top. When hot, place tortilla on top. After tortilla starts to expand, turn over. Remove promptly when starts to expand again. Respray skillet occasionally. Stack warm tortillas on a plate and keep covered with aluminum foil.
5. Take one tortilla. Place a proportional amount of filling in middle of tortilla (from one end to the other). Fold tortilla ends over filling and place folded-side down in prepared dish. Repeat, laying enchiladas side-by-side until dish is full.
6. Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce. Top with remaining cheese and olives. Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream.