Ingredients for 1 servings:
1. 1/4 lb small baby shrimp
2. 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
3. 1/4 jalapenos or 1/4 serrano chili, finely minced
4. 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
5. 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
6. 2 medium sized flour tortillas
7. 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
8. 1/4 avocado, sliced
9. dollop sour cream
10. salt and pepper
1. Place shrimp in a bowl.
2. Add lime or lemon juice, chiles, green onion, cilantro.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Let Marinade for 10-30 minutes.
5. Strain out the juice.
6. Heat a cast iron or stick-free skillet on medium high.
7. Add 1/2 tsp of oil amd spread it around the pan.
8. Place 1 tortilla on the skillet.
9. Flip it over a few times, 10 seconds between flips so that air pockets form.
10. Do this with the second tortilla also. Leave the 2nd tortilla in the pan.
11. Sprinkle the tortilla with the grated cheese.
12. Distribute the shrimp mixture on top of the cheese.
13. Place the other tortilla on top.
14. Use 2 spatulas(one on top and one on bottom) to flip the quesadilla over when the bottom tortilla is nicely toasted and the cheese has begun to melt.
15. Remove the quesadilla from the pan when the now bottom tortilla has toasted sufficiently.
16. Cut like a pie into six pieces.
17. Serve with avocado slices and sour cream. Garnish with cilantro.