Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1/4 cup olive oil
2. 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp (raw, 20 to 25 per lb)
3. 4 large garlic cloves, left unpeeled and forced through a garlic press
4. 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
5. 1/2 cup dry white wine
6. 1 teaspoon salt
7. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8. 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
9. 3/4 lb capellini (angel-hair pasta)
10. 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Bring a 6- to 8-quart pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté shrimp, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes, and transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
3. Add garlic to oil remaining in skillet along with red pepper flakes, wine, salt, and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted, and stir in shrimp. Remove skillet from heat.
4. Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes.
5. Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander.
6. Toss pasta well with shrimp mixture and parsley in large bowl, adding some of reserved cooking water if necessary to keep moist.