Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 2 inches fresh gingerroot
2. 2 garlic cloves
3. 1 tablespoon sesame oil
4. 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed dried chili, to taste
5. 1/2 teaspoon salt
6. 1/4 fresh ground pepper
7. 1 lb raw shrimp or 1 lb thawed frozen shrimp
8. 1 large red bell pepper
9. 6 scallions
10. 2 large oranges
11. 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1. Peel the ginger and grate it in a bowl.
2. Finely chop the garlic and add it to the ginger with the crushed chillies, salt and pepper and sesame oil.
3. Add the shrimp cover and marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile thinly slice the red pepper.
5. Slice the scallions on the diagonal keeping the white and green separate.
6. Peel and segment the oranges, catching the juice in a bowl.
7. There should be 3 or 4 tbsp of juice.
8. Heat a wok or skillet over moderately high heat unil hot.
9. Add the shrimp and stir fry for a few minutes until pink all over.
10. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
11. Heat the sunflower in the pan, then add the red pepper and white parts of the scallions and stir fry until soft.
12. Mix in the orange segments and juice, then return the shrimp and any juices to the pan and stir until mixed and heated through.
13. Serve with the green parts of the scallions over rice.
14. 5 minutes prep time, 10 to 15 marinating and 8 minutes cooking time.