Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 2 tablespoons olive oil
2. 2 lbs ground turkey
3. 2 bell peppers, chopped fine
4. 2 onions, minced
5. 2 tablespoons tomato paste
6. 2 tablespoons chili powder
7. 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
8. 4 garlic cloves, minced
9. 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
10. 2 teaspoons brown sugar
11. 1 teaspoon hot sauce (more if you like hotter)
12. 1 cup ketchup
13. salt and pepper
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat. Cook the turkey until no longer pink then drain.
2. Add the other tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Toss in the peppers, onions and a teaspoon of salt; cook until the onions are translucent. Place the tomato paste, chili powder, and paprika to the vegetables and cook 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 15-30 seconds.
3. Return the turkey to the skillet and stir inches Pour in the tomato sauce and add in the brown sugar, Tabasco, and ketchup. Salt and pepper to taste and simmer 5-10 minutes.