Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 3 teaspoons salt
2. 12 ounces penne pasta
3. 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
4. 1 teaspoon dried oregano
5. 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
6. 3 tablespoons olive oil
7. 16 ounces salsa (about 2 cups at your desired spice level)
8. 1 cup sour cream
9. 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
10. 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Add 2 1/2 tsp of salt and penne to the boiling water. Cook according to package directions.
3. Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining 1/2 tsp of salt and the oregano.
4. Cut the chicken across the short side to create strips.
5. Heat the olive oil in a wide skillet over high heat.
6. When the oil is hot, add the chicken.
7. Spread it out into a single layer.
8. Then add the sliced peppers.
9. Cook without stirring for about 5 min – you would like the chicken to brown a little bit. If it seems as if it will burn, stir it.
10. Add the salsa, stir and cook for about 5 more min or until the chicken is cooked through.
11. Remove the skillet from the heat.
12. Stir in the sour cream.
13. Spoon cooked penne into a serving bowl or onto plates.
14. Top with the chicken mixture.
15. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired, and a little of the shredded cheese.