Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 cup long-grain white rice
2. 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
3. 1 teaspoon cumin
4. 1/4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
5. 1 teaspoon lime juice, divided
6. 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
7. 2 cups chicken broth
1. Heat butter in a medium to large saucepan until melted. Add rice and toast for a minute or so until the butter has been absorbed.
2. Add cumin, Cajun seasoning (if desired), and 1/2 teaspoon of the lime juice. Continue to cook, tossing rice constantly so it does not burn, until the rice absorbs the lime juice. Add the remaining lime juice and the soy sauce and repeat this process.
3. When all liquid has been absorbed, add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly so rice does not stick together. Reduce to low, cover, and let simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until all of the chicken broth has been absorbed by the rice. Serve hot.