Ingredients for 2 servings:
1. 1 cup baby spinach leaves, lightly packed
2. 2 green onions, sliced
3. 4 -6 button mushrooms, washed and sliced
4. 1 fire roasted red pepper, diced
5. 1 tablespoon fresh basil
6. 1 -2 teaspoon butter
7. 4 eggs (or egg substitute equivalent to 4 eggs)
8. 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
9. 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
10. salt and pepper
1. Spray a non-stick 9 or 10 inch omelet pan with cooking spray.
2. Place over medium high heat, add butter.
3. When butter is melted add the prepared vegetables and basil.
4. Cook stirring often just until spinach is wilted.
5. Whisk together the eggs and ricotta cheese.
6. Pour egg mixture over cooked vegetables, cook until almost set, lifting edges frequently to allow uncooked portions to run to bottom of pan.
7. When almost set, reduce heat, cover and allow to cook covered for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Invert onto a large plate and slip back into pan to finish cooking, top with grated parmesan cheese.
9. Cut in half and serve on warmed plates.