Ingredients for 2 servings:
1. 2 fish fillets (not too thick and no skin, 1 fillet per serving)
4. 1 lemon
5. 200 g fresh green beans
6. 1/2 cup water (salted)
7. 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra-virgin)
1. Prepare the fish first. Trim the fish to remove any bones. Put it on a plate that is bigger than the pan you are going to use to cook the beans. Add salt, pepper and the juice of half a lemon. Save the other half of the lemon for serving.
2. Trim the ends off the green beans.
3. Put the beans in a pan with cold salted water.
4. Put the fish plate on top of the pan and the pan lid on top of the plate to cover the fish. The heat of the plate is your improvised steamer.
5. Bring the pan to a boil and simmer for about 5 to 8 minutes or until the beans are cooked. This should be enough time to cook the fish as well. If your fish fillets are thick, turn the fish half way through cooking the beans.
6. Drain the beans.
7. Pour the juices from the fish over the beans and toss through.
8. Place the fish on plates and drizzle olive oil over the fish. The best extra-virgin olive oil adds a wonderful flavour to the fish. If you dont like the fruity flavour of olive oil, then skip this step or use milder oil.
9. Serve with the beans on the side, lemon wedges and crusty bread to mop up the juices.