Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 lb zucchini or 1 lb yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2. 1 teaspoon salt
3. 2 tablespoons chicken broth
4. 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
5. 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
6. 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
7. 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
8. 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Toss the squash with the salt and let stand in a colander for 30 minutes over a dish or in the sink. Rinse and pat dry.
2. In a large skillet, saute the garlic in the vegetable broth until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove garlic and set aside. Raise heat to medium-high.
3. Add squash to pan and saute for 8-10 minutes, until tender but a little crunchy.
4. Stir in lime juice, oregano, parsley, pepper, roasted garlic, and.
5. salt to taste. Mix well.