Ingredients for 1 servings:
1. 1/4 cup butter (no substitutes)
2. 3/4 cup white sugar
3. 1 blood orange
4. 2 tablespoons honey
5. 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
6. 2 eggs
7. 3 cups all-purpose flour
8. 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
9. 1/4 teaspoon salt
10. 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
11. 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In large mixer bowl, add sugar, butter and honey.
3. Grate the peel from the blood orange using the large side of the cheese grater. Take care not to grate the pith (the white layer between peel and fruit). Add grated peel to mixer bowl.
4. Cut orange in half and squeeze juice out of both halves; add to bowl.
5. Cream all together til light and fluffy.
6. Add almond extract and then both eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
7. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually blend into creamed mixture.
8. With wooden spoon, stir in chopped pecans and white chocolate chips.
9. Dough will be slightly sticky.
10. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and divide into two halves.
11. Using your hands, roll one half into a 10-12 inch log and place lengthwise on greased cookie sheet.
12. Gently flatten log into a long rectangle about 2-1/2 inches wide.
13. Repeat with second half of dough, leaving about 3 inches between flattened logs on cookie sheet.
14. Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until a pale gold color.
15. Remove from oven but leave logs on baking sheet til cool enough to handle.
16. Gently transfer to cutting board and slice each log on a diagonal into 1-inch wide slices.
17. Return to baking sheet and arrange so that there is a little space between each cookie.
18. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes, then turn each cookie over to expose the opposite cut side and bake for 10 minutes more or until golden and crisp.