Ingredients for 2 servings:
1. 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated (the powdery kind)
2. 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
3. 1/8 teaspoon salt
4. 1 large egg, lightly beaten
5. 2 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inches
6. 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce (tomato-basil is good)
7. 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Lightly spray a pie plate or a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
3. Combine Parmesan, breadcrumbs, and salt in a shallow dish (I use a paper plate). Place egg in a separate shallow dish.
4. Dip each side of each chicken breast in egg, then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared pan.
5. Bake for 18 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until done.
6. Take the chicken out and switch the oven to BROIL.
7. Divide the sauce evenly and pour over each piece of chicken. Sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella cheese.
8. Broil 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.