Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1/2 cup aborio short-grain rice
2. 3 cups half-and-half cream (or use full-fat milk)
3. 1/2 cup sugar (or to taste)
4. 1/4 cup butter
5. 1 pinch salt
6. 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
7. 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
8. 1 pinch nutmeg
9. 1/2 cup raisins
1. Set oven to 300 degrees.
2. Butter a baking dish with a lid, large enough to hold the mixture (I use my White Corning ware oval baking dish for this).
3. Place all the ingredients (except raisins) in a baking dish; mix to combine.
4. To speed the oven cooking time up, you can bring to a simmer on top of the stove if desired over medium heat.
5. Cover with a lid and place in the oven to bake for about 2 hours (could take more or less time) stirring a couple of times while cooking.
6. Add in raisins the last 30 minutes of cooking.
7. *NOTE* the mixture will thicken even more after cooking.