Ingredients for 8 servings:
1. 3/4 cup butter, softened
2. 1 1/2 cups sugar
3. 3 bananas, blackened
4. 2 eggs
5. 1 teaspoon vanilla
6. 1 teaspoon baking soda
7. 2 cups flour
8. 3/4 teaspoon salt
9. 1/2 cup buttermilk
10. 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip
1. Cream butter and sugar (by hand or mixer).
2. Mash bananas and add by hand to creamed mixture.
3. By hand add eggs, vanilla, baking soda, flour and salt.
4. Gently stir in buttermilk and chocolate chips.
5. Pour into a greased loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350°F for 1 1/4 hour or until it tests done with a toothpick.
7. **I find that coarsely mashing bananas is best and make sure they are over ripe for best flavor.
8. I also find that doing the majority of the mixing by hand makes for better texture in the end.
9. **Even though the recipe says it makes 1 loaf, I usually use 2 loaf pans or 3 mini loaf pans because it seems to yield a moister bread.
10. Just adjust baking time down.
11. **if you do not have buttermilk you can put 1 teaspoons vinegar into a 1/2 cup measuring cup and fill to top with milk.
12. Let rest 5 minutes before adding to recipe.
13. **This freezes well.