Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 lb sausage
2. 1 cup all-purpose flour
3. 1 egg
4. 1 1/4 cups milk
5. 1 tablespoon oil (vegetable, canola…)
6. 1 pinch salt
7. 1 teaspoon herbs
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
2. Mix flour, egg (beaten), salt, milk and herbs to make batter.
3. I usually use basil and bay but it is up to you.
4. If the sausage is peppery or has a strong sage flavor you may want to use less herbs in the batter.
5. Cook sausage until done either in skillet or in a flameproof casserole dish on stove.
6. Place sausage in casserole dish (if not already there) and add batter.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes or until bread rises.