Ingredients for 1 servings:
1. 1 cup millet
2. 3 cups water
4. fresh ground black pepper
1. Rinse the millet quickly to wash off any dust, then drain, shaking off as much moisture as possible.
2. Toast it in a large skillet over medium heat until the grains are dry, separate, and smell good.
3. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a 2 or 3 quart saucepan, and add 1/2 teaspoons salt. Stir in millet.
4. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Turn the millet iinto a bowl, season with pepper, and stir in butter to taste.